Glycerol Monostearate Manufacturers
Welcome to Glycerol Monostearate Suppliers Turkey & manufacturers center.
If you want to buy Glycerol Monostearate from Turkey, you are at the right place!
Glycerol Monostearate Suppliers Turkey!
Appearance : White Odorless Solid
Chemical Name : 2,3-Dihydroxypropyl Octadecanoate
Chemical Formula: C21H42O4
Packaging Type: 25 Kg Sack
Definition and Usage Areas:
Glycerol monostearate, commonly known as GMS, is an organic molecule usable as an emulsifier. GMS is a hygroscopic, white, odorless and sweet-tasting flaky powder. And also, It is the glycerol ester of stearic acid. Meanwhile, Pancreatic lipase naturally breaks down in the body and found in fatty foods.
GMS is a food additive applicable as a thickener, emulsifier, anti-caking and preservative; an emulsifying agent for oils, waxes and solvents; a protective coating for hygroscopic powders; a solidifying and controlling release agent in pharmaceuticals; and a resin lubricant. Furthermore, It is also usable in cosmetics and hair care products.
GMS is used extensively in cooking preparations to add “body” to food. Because, It is responsible for the delivery of ice cream and whipped cream to their soft tissues. Thus, It is sometimes used as an anti-snake ingredient in breads.
Glycerol Monostearate Applicable Area
- used as both emulsifier and stabilizer in the food industry. It is commercially available in powder or bead forms. It is a food additive with a distinctive odor, white or sometimes beige in color and known in the food industry with the food code e 471.
- It is a very effective emulsifier in emulsifying the oil-water phase. It is also effective in extending the stratification and shelf life of food products. It is especially usable in the bread and bakery products and pastry industry, in the oil industry.
- Apart from the food industry, it finds use in the cosmetics, detergent, plastic and pharmaceutical industries.
- GMS, which involves in the formulations of ice cream, starchy products, dairy products, chewing gum, chocolate and other food products; It is used as a softener in textile products and as a lubricant in plastic products.
- Used as an emulsifier in ice cream, GMS prevents the development of coarse ice crystals and gives a smooth texture. GMS, which provides the formation of stable emulsions that do not break down during freezing, improves the shelf life by keeping the ice cream firm and dry without hardening.
- GMS for bakery products such as bread and cake; It causes soft, moist, good pore structure in the product, gives white shine and volume to the products, retains moisture, delays spongy structure and staleness, and increases the shelf life of the product. With the use of GMS, the amount of egg yolk used in the products decreases and thus reduces the cost.
- In chocolate products, GMS provides a good oil dispersion even at high temperatures, reduces stickiness and separation during production and storage, improves texture and consistency, reduces sugar crystallization, reduces the loss of flowering and product-specific shine, prevents products such as caramel and nougat from precipitation on the tooth, It provides better dispersion and stabilization and acts as a plasticizer in chewing gums.
- In margarine products, on the other hand, it reduces the tension between the oil and water interfaces, which leads to the formation of stable emulsions. When used with soy lecithin, the solubility of GMS is increased. GMS, which leads to a better mouthfeel in the product and increases its spreadability, emulsifies the water in margarine and stabilizes the water in the oil.